Thursday, 23 February 2012

Why I’d Marry Rich


Why I’d marry Rich….
I once read something by Mr. Patrick Bitature ,a very successful Ugandan entrepreneur.
Paraphrasing;” There are three ways to gain wealth;
1.       Being born into it (minority)
2.       Marrying into it (a number of people)
3.       Creating it (the best way, according to him).”

Well, I don’t qualify for 1 and so far 3 is very trying.  I am considering 2. Yes… you read right!!
Listen to my reasons…. I am tired of the taxi park, I love good things... classy things… a very comfortable life kwegamba!! Seeing as I am a Christian, I can’t sleep around for these benefits, but wait? Wouldn’t I be just doing the same with my husband (if I married rich?)? Yes and no. “Yes” because my husband and I would be one…hence “my” money too.Secondly, it will be just this ONE guy…and a marriage.

Ok, but that rich guy must love God first, me next…then “his”, sorry, “our” money last. See?? I have thought this through. Which Christian girl doesn’t want a Christian dude that’s rich materially?? He he:)

I write this piece because as I grow older (yes, literally)… I am beginning to understand more “why” people do what they do. I “get” why a girl may throw all common sense aside for “material wealth”.
Would I do it? I just said I have considered it!!  Let me be clearer. Here I am thinking with only a piece of my head and no heart.
Well, ALL of me wouldn’t marry rich for the sake of “rich”..if you follow. It would be great to be a Cinderella…but I’d rather be a Princess Fiona with my Shrek than have a Charming that can’t connect with me on a heart level (I dare to write even on a head level).

Anyway, I am extending grace a little more now… Asking God to make me less judgmental and to see people as He sees them. More so, I am reminded that if I consider this “marrying rich” business- I could just “fall into that trap”. After all, I like to remind myself that I am just a decision away from stupid. 

I will wait; if I do marry, I will marry for the right reason
How I pray that I would honour God in every stage of my life! I will ENJOY today cause it is only TODAY that I have.
I will not buy into any worldly rubbish!!! No matter how socially acceptable certain things become. (So help me God).  I will learn obedience by the things I suffer (read-taxi park etc). 
May God help me to have His perspective. Seriously, I speak of suffering when we have children with the nodding disease??!!! May God forgive me…. 
Before I digress…
I would marry rich – just as a "plus", as opposed to it being a "primary" reason.

Blessings!!!

Nabuuma:)

No comments:

Post a Comment